November 14, 2020

2021 Book Selections!

Remember that list of categories I gave you a few weeks ago? This seemed like a good idea to me until I started trying to pick books to fit that categories! The votes are in the categories with the most votes were: Books About Famous Women, Banned Books, Book Adapted Into Movies, Famous Nebraskans, Books With A Twist, Immigrant Stories, Books With Teachers, Books About Native Americans, Books Set In South America, Books by Canadian Authors, and Books About Books or Libraries. Several other categories also received votes so that when I was able to choose a book that fit more than one category, I selected from those categories. 

Those of you who didn't join our club in the past year are well acquainted with the fact that I may, at random, change things up. I have not read most of these books but will read them ahead of the month we are reading them. If I decide that aren't good choices for discussion, I'll change things up. But, after something like 20 hours of looking at choices and changing and changing my selections, this is what we have for 2021 at this time: 

January: I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon (Famous Women)

February: The Color Purple by Alice Walker (Banned Books, Book Adapted To Movie)*  **

March: The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce (Books With Music In The Title, Love Story)

April: Sunburn by Laura Lippman (Books With A Twist)

May: Behold The Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue (Immigrant Stories)

June: The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George (Books About Books, Translated Books)

July: Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald (Books by Canadian Author)

August: The Water Is Wide by Pat Conroy (Books With Teachers, Book Adapted to Movie)*

September: I Am A Man by Joe Starita (Famous Nebraskans, Books About Native Americans) ***

October: A Long Petal Of The Sea by Isabel Allende (Books Set In South America, Books With A Body of                A Water In The Title)

November: Weather by Jenny Offill (Books With Weather In The Title)

December: Open

* Bonus points if you also watch the movie adaptation
** This is our classic selection for 2021
*** This is our nonfiction selection for 2021

No comments: