October 29, 2017

2018 Book Club Selections


Good grief, can you even believe that 2018 is just around the corner? Knowing Ann, she'll be ready to read the book for January before you know it so I thought I'd better get our list put together for 2018. I played around with a theme, like we've had for the past couple of years; but, in the end, I've decided our goal next year is just to read interesting books that will give us a lot to talk about and, hopefully, stretch our knowledge of the world a bit.

January: Kitchens of The Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
February: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (our classic)
March: Nora Webster by Colm Toibin
April: News of The World by Paulette Jiles
May: The Women In The Castle by Jessica Shattuck
June: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
July: open to leave us some flexibility
August: Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
September: Eleanor and Hick by Susan Quinn (our nonfiction)
October: The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel
November: The Wangs Versus The World
December: open for possible movie night

As always, our schedule will be somewhat flexible to allow for things like a great Omaha Reads book or something one of you thinks would make a great choice. I have left a couple of open spots, one for a planned movie night but we won't know when that will be until a movie of interest comes out.

These choice were all made based on reviews and feedback from my blogging friends but I have not read any of them. In 2018, my plan is to read the books a couple of months ahead of time. Once I've read the book, then I'll know for sure if we'll stick with that book. I don't want a repeat of Behind Closed Doors!


No comments: