1. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (if you remember our call with Miss Mandel, take comfort - we will NOT be calling her again!)
2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
3. Big Little Lie by Liane Moriarty
4. The Story Hour by Thrity Umrigar
Two spots will remain open for last minute choices and one will remain open for whichever 2014 prizewinner sounds like the best choice for us.
1. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zola Neale Hurston
For our last three spots, we'll choose between:
4. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler
5. The Life Boat by Charlotte Rogan
6. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
Your thoughts? Any books that you'd love to see added to our choices?
*Well, we've already read three of these books for 2014! Calling Me Home is on the schedule but that still leaves us a couple of choices.