November 13, 2011

Let's Discuss 2012

There's a poll in one of the center column for 2012's classic read; please be sure to vote. Mari and I had discussed reading something by either Ernest Hemingway or John Steinbeck which is why you see the two of them featured. If you're interested in something else, shoot me a comment here.

Here's what I've got for 2012 so far:

For non-fiction, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloots. This one has earned universal praise for both its insight into the field of medical research and story of Ms. Lacks family.

As recommended by Mary Helen Stefaniak, Nicole Krauss' The History of Love

So Much For That by Lionel Shriver. Mari and I both thought Shriver's We Need To Talk About Kevin was amazing but I know that's a tough one to read. Still, she's a great writer so let's try this one.

And, in the hope that we can get Timothy to join us, Timothy Schaffert's The Little Coffins of Hope.

We can discuss these Tuesday. And please, please come with any recommendations! I want to make sure we're including everyone in choosing our books!

No comments: