Now, I know you all love our book club but life gets in the way. How about I give you all a little incentive to, oh say, read the book? Come to the meetings? Can I tempt you with some prizes and a little competition?
Starting in July, you'll have a chance to earn points in several different ways. At our December meeting, prizes will be awarded. The top two point totals will win bookish prizes (and by "bookish," I might mean a bottle of wine to drink while you read a book!) and the person with the least points will win a lovely white elephant gift (I might have more fun with this prize than the other two!).
Here's how you can earn points:
- Finish the book - 10 points
- Host a meeting - 10 points
- Attending a meeting - 5 points
- Organize a book-related, non-meeting event - 5 points
- Attend a non-meeting event (seeing an author, seeing a book-related movie, go to a play, do an activity you were inspired to do because of a book) - 3 points (an extra point if you've gone with book club friends)
- Introduce a new member - 3 points
- Recommend a book 1 point (2 points if your book is added to our reading list)
- Submit a question regarding the book - 1 point
If you can't come to the meeting, but have finished the book or if you've gone to a non-meeting event that qualifies, please let me know by email so I can add your points. There are a lot of movies come out this year that are based on books, so there will be a lot of opportunities to earn points just by going to the movies! I'll try to be better about keeping the calendar updated with bookish events on the website (http://omahabookwormsbookclub.blogspot.com). Let me know if you think of any other ways we could earn points!
**Sunday, July 15th is your first chance to earn points - please see Linda's email!**